Image Map

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Looking Back: Life's Plan

We all have our life plan planned out. When we are going to get married, when we are going to have babies and so on. It's all there and even though some people plan more than others...we all have somewhat of a plan...some idea of where we are headed in life.

So what do you do when your life doesn't go...as planned?


I am an extremely planned out kind of person. I love a plan... I love a "to-do" list... I love always knowing what comes next because I am to impatient to wait and see.

With that said I can not stand surprises!

Surprise! Your baby has Laryngomalacia! That is kind of how it went when S was first diagnosed...and I stood there fumbling through the pages of my life trying to find Laryngomalacia in my plan for having a second child...it's 8 1/2 months into it and I am still looking, just so you know.

I fought Laryngomalacia everyday
...I fought even harder when S would start to struggle. I desperately tried to change life's plan into my plan.

I can sit here and tell you my life was turned upside down, my heart has never ached so painfully before, my life has never been the same...I will never be the same. While all of that is true I truly believe life has a plan and we can either dwell on the bad or learn the lesson it is trying to teach us.

Laryngomalacia has taught me a lot about life.
S has taught me a lot about life,love and faith...more than she will probably ever know.
Life has taught me a lot about myself...and that I can throw my plan out the window :)

No comments:

Post a Comment