Image Map

Friday, October 5, 2012

Thank You.

I often find myself unable to comprehend the true impact CWL has made in this world.
When I receive Emails, thank you cards, photos... thanking CWL  for what we have done, for bringing families from all over the world together... so they can all cope, together. For the programs we offer. For the friendships made. I can not feel anything but humbled... that I am part in such an amazing journey. 

It was the night after Seraphina's surgery... I was sitting in the dark ICU room, watching her breathe. Watching the monitors.. wondering how on Earth did we get here? I was 23 years old, mother of 2 under 2... and one of my babies had a life threatening defect. The pill was hard to swallow. 
I made a promise to myself that night... that I would not let what I was given destroy me...for I was given it for a reason.   At that moment I didn't know how I would do it, I just knew I WAS going to do it. A month later I started the Coping With Laryngomalacia blog. It was my outlet. All those suppressed feelings of anger, fear, frustration came flowing out like an unstoppable river. By letting all the pain out... I began to feel something I hadn't felt in a very long time... strength.

And so the journey began...

Here we are, the first 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization dedicated to families coping with LM, TM and BM.Over 25 volunteers that have taken time out of their busy lives to: organize fundraisers/events, photograph our events, host CPR classes, answer Emails, pick up donations such as blankets & formula, meet with LM, TM/BM families, keep an ongoing, up-to-date calender of all our pint-size powerhouses appointments (I still don't know how Stephanie does it!), the list goes on and on! 
We have helped over 125 babies since the first handmade blanket was mailed out in  October of 2010. 
We have an amazing group of on-going donors such as Blankie Depot, Hookin It Forward, Nap Nanny, Rambling Photography, Leonardo First Aid House, Socks 4 Surgery and many local mothers who donate formula.

CWL has been life changing to say the least. I have met some amazing, strong, powerful, beautiful people whose positive outlook is nothing less than inspiring.

So thank you... to everyone and anyone who has made this journey possible. Thank you for supporting my belief that anyone can really change the world. <3

Breathe Easy,
Stephanie Hueston
CWL Founder & President 
CopingWithLM@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment