Image Map

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

LM: 3 Years Later

 Seraphina (3) with her little brother Max (10 months). 
Both were diagnosed with LM as infants.
Seraphina underwent surgery at four months old because her LM was so severe. 
Thankfully, both are thriving today :)


 It’s hard to believe it has been a little over three years since the word laryngomalacia  entered my vocabulary. Three years ago... my life was upside down. My nights consisted of waking up to an apnea monitor--alarming--telling me my infant was not breathing. My days were filled with doctors appointments, scopes, heart scans and moments of asking why did this happen to my baby? 
I remember holding my --gasping for air --baby while looking out the window... praying... please... please give me the strength to get through this.

Fast forward two years and laryngomalacia made it’s presence yet again with the birth of my third child, Max. I brought him to the ENT--knowing he had LM-- hoping the ENT would tell me my  motherly instinct was wrong.

I could sit here and tell you how hard it all was. How my heart literally ached, everyday. How scared I was. How I didn’t believe... it would ever get better. I could tell you all that... but you already know. You know because you are exactly where I was, three years ago... now my heart aches for you.

So I will tell you this... it does get better. 
You are not alone in this journey. 
CWL is here to help. Here to listen. Here to shed light in a journey of darkness.

My children are living proof that the good always follows the bad. Always.


Breathe Easy, 
Stephanie Hueston.
CWL Founder & President

(c) Coping With Laryngomalacia, Inc. 2010-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment