Image Map

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

How Can I Help?

Coping With Laryngomalacia, Inc. is a registered 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization that receives no government funding or grants. Coping With LM, Inc. is able to fulfill it's mission thanks to it's generous donors and volunteers who donate their precious time and talents, daily.


Q: How do I make a monetary donation online?
A: You may donate securely (here) on our website via PayPal.
      a $25 donation will send one care package to a baby in ICU recovering from airway surgery.

Q: Where do I send a donation by mail?
A: You can make all checks payable to:
Coping With LM, Inc.
PO Box 313 Port Monmouth, NJ 07758 USA



 
Q: Is my donation tax deductible? 
A: Yes! You will receive a receipt (for personal and tax purposes) and thank you card in the mail 7-10 days after your donation in received.

Q: I would like to donate to your Breathe Easy Care Package Program, what items are you in need of?
A: We are always in need of the following:
  • handmade baby blankets
    - made from new fleece, soft yarn or cotton.
    -all colors and prints are accepted.
    -size 36in x 36in is preferred.
  • handmade hats
    -made from new fleece, soft yarn or cotton.
    -size 3 months through 2T.
  • handmade hospital gowns
    -made from new cotton.
    -all colors and prints are accepted.
    -sizes newborn through 2T.
  • handmade (or store bought) baby lovies and rattles (small item for baby to hold/play with while in the hospital)
    -made from new soft yarn.
    -if store bought, item must still have tags on it.
    -all colors are accepted.
  • reading books, coloring books, crayons and stickers (for children 2 years+ who are in the hospital)
    -items must be new and unused.
    -boy and girl colors/characters accepted. 
  • go here for free patterns and ideas. 
  • all donations can be mailed to: Coping With LM, Inc. PO Box 313 Port Monmouth, NJ 07758 USA
Q: I would like to volunteer my time and talents, who should I contact?
A: Please contact Stephanie at CopingWithLM@yahoo.com to learn more about our current volunteer opportunities.

Q: Does Coping With LM, Inc. have any ongoing fundraisers? 
A: Current ongoing fundraisers include:

Q: I would like to host a Malacia MeetUp, how do I begin?
A: Please contact Stephanie at CopingWithLM@yahoo.com to learn more about hosting a Malacia MeetUp near you.

Q: I am interested in learning more about fundraising for Coping With LM, Inc. Who should I contact?
A: Please contact Stormye at StormyeW@gmail.com to learn more about organizing a local event near you. Please contact Stephanie at CopingWithLM@yahoo.com to learn more about online fundraising (Etsy shop owners, Direct Sales Reps, ect.)  and New Jersey events.


Q: I/my child has been greatly supported and strengthen by Coping With LM, Inc. Where can I share my/our story?
A: We encourage all of our families, donors and volunteers to share their experiences and stories on our Great Nonprofits page, found here.

Q: Do you have an awareness day for airway defects?
A: Yes! #AirwayDefectsDay is July 10, 2016. We encourage all of our supporters to paint their nails light blue for laryngomalacia!





2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Azalea and I am extremely new to the LM life, so many questions & concerns. My son was just DX yesterday and doctors haven't seen a case like my son Benji, as he is 20 months its late to start showing symptoms. The strider I can deal with but the chest retractiins & Brady HD is this common is this a severe LM or is it related to other things like Reflux or TrachMalacia. My son recently completed 11months of chemotherapy & 3 stem cell transplant . This is a new DX, obviously I am not thrilled but grateful to let it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Azalea and I am extremely new to the LM life, so many questions & concerns. My son was just DX yesterday and doctors haven't seen a case like my son Benji, as he is 20 months its late to start showing symptoms. The strider I can deal with but the chest retractiins & Brady HD is this common is this a severe LM or is it related to other things like Reflux or TrachMalacia. My son recently completed 11months of chemotherapy & 3 stem cell transplant . This is a new DX, obviously I am not thrilled but grateful to let it out.

    ReplyDelete