Image Map

Monday, April 8, 2013

Making a Difference Monday: Jordy's Mom





There is something to be said about a mother who, in the mist of darkness is able to find a glimmer of light. To turn a situation that should have destroyed her into a positive experience for her, her family and community. Storymye Wommack  has decided to let laryngomalacia empower her, not destroy her--the definition of a LM Supermom.

A message from Storyme:
To really heal is to help someone. I heard this today and it instantly gave me a flutter in my heart. It just made it all click. I spent the 1st year of Jordy's life fighting for her health and mourning the loss of the healthy baby we had imagined having. I was so focused on trying to heal everything that was wrong with her and all of the fears and the what ifs that I stopped living. I became consumed by LM. Then one day I woke up and decided I wanted to give back to CWL for helping me keep my sanity through all of this. We started
the planning for the 1st Annual Coping With LM charity softball tournament and before I knew I felt free. I had finally let go and started to get myself back. My eyes are open to a whole new light. Yes Jordy has LM. Yes my life is still just as stressful. But, yes my life is beautiful and I feel amazing! Stephanie Hueston you are right, it does get better!! My heart and soul are starting to heal a little more everyday. It really wasn't Jordy and her LM that needed to be healed this whole time it was me! Jordy has never let this horrid birth defect get her down and I will not either. Now here's to raising lots of money and awareness for CWL!!!

To learn more about The 1st Annual Coping With LM Charity Softball Tournament click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment