Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

Making a Difference Monday: Socks 4 Surgery

Tonight we honor Socks 4 Surgery founder, Ellen Garner.
Ellen is a LM Supermom who has truly 
proved to everyone that the good follows the bad. 




From Ellen:
Socks 4 Surgery comes from a very sincere place ♥ Its not just some idea.. its so much more personal than that.
Our Third son Cruz was born with a congenital birth defect called Laryngomalacia. Cruz has severe laryngomalacia,and to this day he is 20 months old and has had 3 surgeries, and multiple procedures. It isn't an easy road to say the least. When he was 12 weeks old he had his first major airway surgery. The nurses came in the room,handed me a gown, and told me he could keep his gown, diaper, and socks on. At that very moment, I looked at his socks, and I had put him in plain white corney boring socks. I was horrified!! LOL! Had I had known he could keep his socks on, I most certainly would have put him in cute warm socks!!! ESPECIALLY if that was the ONLY personal belonging he could keep on of his! Where was the memo for that?!
When I walked into the recovery room to see him, he was,cold, shivering,and clearly in pain. To this day I know there is nothing I could have done about the pain he was in,however, he could have been in warmer socks!! SO SOCKS 4 SURGERY IS MY GIFT TO HIM, AND OUR GIFT TO YOU. I have made EVERY pair of socks with love, in honor of him. HE INSPIRED this project. Please Share our Story, and our Mission.

"Socks 4 Surgery is dedicated to providing a keepsake of a pair of socks, a reminder of overcoming the adversity of surgery. Our Mission is to improve their surgery experience by keeping their feet warm, while keeping a personal belonging with them. We believe health and wellness will lead to a satisfying and rewarding life. We want to inspire fellow friends to help spread awareness of birth defects."


We applaud you Ellen...for your strength, passion 
and commitment for making a difference in this world!!!

To learn about Socks 4 Surgery:

No comments:

Post a Comment