Image Map

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Looking Back: The Good Side of LM

I feel like I have talked {wrote} a lot about the bad side of LM. All the scary stuff... while it is all very true...I am a firm believer in there is always good in bad. And with every life lesson we must learn and every mountain we must climb there is a reason. The reason may be small or greater than we will ever know... either way- it is always there.

Right in the mist of being forcefully introduced to Laryngomalacia I had a very hard time finding the good- in anything. But as time has gone {quickly} by I have realized that there is good... and I need to appreciate it. So that leads me to this post-the good side of Laryngomalacia.

The good is that:

I understand~ there are things in life that I have no control over. Instead of fight it-I embrace it{the best I can}.

I understand~ the pain you can feel as you watch your baby struggle or stop breathing completely.

I understand~ I am not alone.

I love~ more and deeper than I did before. Life is a precious miracle.

I love~ how LM helped me to bond with S {quickly}. My biggest fear about having a second child was...how could I possibly love another human being as much as I love my first born? As soon as I saw S... of course... those thoughts and feelings ran away but the bond...the attachment I have to her is unbreakable-untouchable. I love that.

I love~ baby wearing :)

I love~ that L {my first born} takes care of her sister {Bap as L likes to call her :P} She has never been jealous of S or angry that S has required so much more attention. She has been our comic relief through the hard, scary times. I love her a million times over for just being...her.

I love~ my husband. I remember telling my mother in the beginning of LM , this is either going to bring us so close together or tear us completely apart. There were times when I had no idea which direction we were headed but after all of it. He. Is. Still. Here.

I love~ my family {and friends who are like my family}. I learned very quickly who I could depend on and who I should remove off my Emergency Contacts list. I would {neither would S} not be as strong as I am today if it was not for their strength. <3

I can~ properly pronounce and spell Laryngomalacia :P

I can~ help other people coping with LM

I know~ there is not a better sound on this Earth than a baby laughing.

I learned~ a mothers instinct is far more accurate than any test or monitor
{A mother is ALWAYS right!}.

I learned~ that a clean, organized home means nothing.

I learned~ sometimes you need to yell before someone will listen.

I learned~ to be truly grateful for the "good days".

I learned~ how to cope.

No comments:

Post a Comment